A Tuscan Summer Pasta Delight: Simple and Flavorful
Summer is here and it’s time to savor the vibrant flavors of the season! This Tuscan Summer Pasta is a delightful dish that perfectly captures the essence of warm weather with its fresh ingredients and simple preparation.
This recipe combines the richness of prosciutto, the sweetness of cherry tomatoes, the tanginess of olives, and the freshness of scallions to create a pasta dish that is both light and satisfying.
To prepare this Tuscan Summer Pasta, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 lb of Spaghetti Noodles
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 3 oz of Prosciutto, Diced
- 8 oz Cherry Tomatoes, Halved
- 4 oz Scallions, Diced
- 6 oz Olives, Drained
- ¼ Cup of Parmesan Grated Cheese (Optional)
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Start by cooking the spaghetti noodles according to the package instructions. Don’t forget to reserve some of the pasta water before draining. Set the cooked pasta aside for now.
- Heat a separate skillet over medium-high heat and add the extra virgin olive oil.
- Once the skillet is hot, add the diced prosciutto and cook until it turns crispy and releases its delicious aroma.
- Next, add the diced scallions to the skillet and sauté for about two minutes, allowing their flavors to meld with the prosciutto.
- Now, it’s time to add the drained olives to the skillet and cook for another two minutes.
- Add the halved cherry tomatoes to the skillet, and cook for approximately two minutes. This will help release their natural sweetness and create a burst of flavor in the dish.
- Once all the ingredients are cooked and have harmonized their flavors, add the cooked pasta to the skillet. Pour in ¼ cup of the reserved pasta water to help create a luscious sauce that coats the noodles.
- For an extra touch of indulgence, consider adding ¼ cup of grated Parmesan cheese to the pasta.. This step is optional but highly recommended for cheese lovers. Also, add a splash of reserved pasta water to ensure the ingredients are well combined.
- Give the pasta a good toss, ensuring that every strand is coated with the flavorsome mixture. The aroma filling your kitchen will be simply irresistible.
- Finally, season the Tuscan Summer Pasta with salt and pepper to taste. This step allows you to personalize the dish according to your preference.
Whether you’re hosting a dinner party or looking to enjoy a satisfying weeknight dinner, this recipe is quick, easy, and guaranteed to impress. To lean into the italian theme, consider adding an Aperol Spritz as your specialty cocktail – this is a favorite recipe from Good Housekeeping. So, gather the ingredients, follow the simple instructions, and indulge in the taste of Tuscany right in the comfort of your own home. Buon appetito!
Want to enjoy summer pasta on the Farm? Consider adding a Cooking Experience to your next Corporate Retreat or Team Building Outing. At North Corner Haven we love creating lasting memories for all different groups. Get in touch today to learn more.